- 180 ml diced cooked chicken breast
- 120 ml diced fresh apple
- 30 ml dried cranberries
- 80 ml fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1.25 ml salt
- 10 ml pure maple syrup from Canada
- 1 ml pepper
- 15 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 1 whole wheat pita bread, 6 to 7 inches, cut in half
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients except the pita bread. Stuff the pita pockets with the chicken filling.
This healthy version of chicken salad replaces the mayonnaise with Greek yogurt for an extra protein boost to aid quick muscle recovery. The apple, dried cranberries and maple syrup not only add great flavor accents, they also help to replenish the body’s carbohydrates.