Featuring Maple Syrup
- 15ml olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 30ml pure maple syrup from Canada
- 454g vacuum pack of gnocchi
- 500ml homemade or store-bought tomato sauce
- Salt and ground pepper, to taste
- Basil leaves, chopped, to taste
- Parmesan, grated or flakes, to taste
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Sauté onion and garlic for a few seconds.
- Add maple syrup and gnocchi, reduce heat, and caramelize for 5 minutes or until gnocchi is crisp and golden.
- Stir often to ensure all sides are nicely caramelized.
- Add the tomato sauce and cook 5 minutes while stirring.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with basil leaves and garnish with Parmesan, if desired.